Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Weavers' Fabrication

















Even though it's been a long time since I've posted here, I have been working. I did another job for the Nazarene Publishing House, and a spread for a story in Red River Kids magazine.

For the New York trip, I wanted to take a book dummy, so I firmed up some ideas for The Emperor's New Clothes that I had been kicking around for awhile. I rewrote the story, laid out all the spreads, and did a finished painting for a couple of the pages.

This one here shows the rascally weavers whispering to the Emperor, "We weave a cloth so light, so fine, so incomparably delicate, that no one has ever seen anything like it." No one has ever seen anything like it, indeed!

2 comments:

Jean Marie Ward said...

Wonderful! Looking forward to seeing the finished work. When will you be in NY? Hugs & cheers,

Julie C said...

Love the pictures.